Thursday, June 10, 2010

Meeting with Oncology

We meet with the oncologist today to get the information about the CT scan and what comes next. The tumor in the liver has grown some but the tumor in the gall bladder has about doubled in size. It is now about 7 1/2 cm. We discussed the chemo options. The first type of chemo they tried was they type that was most likely to succeed. When it failed they went to the second most likely. We are now on our third type. The decision was made to wait on the tablet form of chemo until we check to see if there are any clinical trials, that will take him. We are checking with NIH and Johns Hopkins. When we have heard back from both of them, we will meet and decide where to go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment